Tuesday, April 14, 2009

¡Capitán Sig es caliente! and so are some of the others...

"If I were a man, I would be pitching a tent with steel poles right now!" -- Lluvia

O-M-G! I love to watch The Deadliest Catch. I mean, I love to watch The Deadliest Catch. If I were a guy, or a stronger, tougher woman, I would so be on the boat. Oh, and I would have to be cold tolerant.

The cold is not kind to me. Even today, my bones felt the wind's grip. I tried to brave them, but I lacked warmth in my core. Only for a few moments did I not feel the chill. The longest, most gorgeous wind swept down from the great beyond and stroked my hair.

Lonely for a touch, I raised my face and chest, opening myself to be caressed by Spring's fingers. He answered swiftly, powerfully, roamed my body, pulled himself over the top of me. Each time I thought he was finished with me, his urgency swelled again.

Afraid of the consequences but desirous to be completely, utterly fulfilled, I removed my sunglasses to let the wind kiss my eyes which had remained closed since I let down my defenses to engage in this open tryst. I kept them closed, afraid that if I opened them he would leave.

He must have sensed my trepidation because he touched me warmly, smoothly, and parted his lips to let golden rays breath on me. I smiled inside and out. And, feeling safe, I opened my eyes. Gasp!

Bright blue... one of the brightest! A pond surrounded by cotton mists. I blinked, stunned. He continued to blow gently as my vision readjusted to his gift of light. The sight was still beautiful, but tonight, I have not gotten over the initial surprise-- "What do I see?" Beautiful, but then relief, joy as the comforting, reassuring beauty of familiarity brought my experience to a climax.

Longing. I knew that I could not tolerate much more of the intensity, else the pain later, while worth it, would be more than I wished to endure. As it happened, the pain is mostly in my extremities. The wind seems to have left me with an afterglow.

But now, I can't not be recharged with this year's viewing of the Alaskan crab season. Those guys are so cool. The work is rugged, dangerous. I don't like the danger when boats go down. I cry when bad stuff happens to people. But the sea! Oh, the sea! She reigns! She reigns supreme! There is a reason that I am in love with water, with the weather. Well, there are several, but there is one above all others. That is a secret I refuse to share. Only one other person knows this secret. The secret is what keeps me alive, what has always kept me alive.

2 comments:

  1. ¡Pero qué bonitas palabras dices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me habla demasiada adulación, Señor. Gracías. Acabo de visitar su blog. Debo volver pa' leerlo otra vez.

    ReplyDelete