Sunday, June 28, 2009



If I tell you that I love you,

will you make a fool of me?
If I tell you that I will wait for your call,
will you make me wait longer for spite?
I want to tell you these things
and so much more,
if you want to hear the words
slip from my lips,
a quiet, flowing stream of warm air
in your sweet ear.
May I nuzzle your neck
while my hands roam free from constraint?
Say you will take me somewhere
I've never been;
It doesn't have to be far from here,
but it can be,
as long as we hold hands on the trip
and when we get there.
Say you will adore me
from sunup to sundown to sunup,
and when we are asleep.
Let me give you the best years of my life
as I have honestly only just begun to live.
If I tell you that I will wait for you to call,
will you laugh at me?
If I tell you that I love you,
will you know that I mean it?

No comments:

Post a Comment