Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stuff That Would Bore My Sisters, 1 Originally posted June 25, 2009 at 7:57 p.m.



It's a good thing hardly anyone reads my blog because my sisters would be so bored to read about how I just watched
The Bridge on the River Kwai (Best Picture) again after so many years. But I would have to tell them that I learned so much from it this time around. Guess it's because I am so much older than I was the first time. How amazingly blunt the military tactics! The men were a little chauvinistic, but the film was made more than 50 years ago. Men have come a very long way, lol.

My sisters would be even less interested to know that I was just thinking yesterday, as I walked back to the house after picking plums and blackberries, that I mean to reread the Tarzan series by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I read those as a teen, so I am sure to get a lot more from them now as I would from Hemingway and a few others.

Boring stuff tonight, I know. Good thing my blog isn't popular or anything.

Btw, I spent two hours yesterday chopping up plums and boiling them for the juice to make jelly. Chopping up plums is a good way to relieve stress, you know, and to relieve boredom. Since I don't have a job, I have a lot more time to make jelly, read, watch movies... Perhaps some of us should get together to watch a movie and then talk about it over salsa or cheese dip!

No comments:

Post a Comment