Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What We Had...



Pillow Talk (Chris's Song), December 2000


I know it’s time to go to sleep, but I’m not ready yet.
Pull me closer, let’s talk about the night that we first met.
I must have been blind or out of my mind
because I didn’t see

That the answer to my prayers was right in front of me.
Now that we’re together I know everything that I missed,
And my heart became yours forever
the moment that we kissed.

I love the way you talk
and the way you walk just drives me crazy.

But my heart stops every time you call me “baby.”

Sweet, sweet thoughts of you
are always running through my head.

Every morning I wish we could forget the world
and stay in bed.

There’s no place I’d rather be than wherever you are.
I miss you when we’re apart, so don’t ever go too far.
I can do without you till the day comes to an end.
I tell myself that I will soon be in your arms again.
Every time we reunite, I feel like you just saved me,
And I know the world is right when you call me “baby.”

When you shower me with kisses and
caress me with your hands,

I fall madly in love with you over and over again.
I promise to never leave you – I will love you until I die.
Then I will still love you as a spirit in the sky.
No man has ever nor will ever mean so much to my life.
The only thing you can ever do more is
ask me to be your wife.

Whenever you do, please,
don’t be afraid that I’ll say “maybe.”

Just promise me that I will always be your “baby.”


No comments:

Post a Comment