Sunday, May 3, 2009



To My Sisters and Brothers,





My love, my love,

what would you have me do?

My sisthren, my brethren,

Antigone calls to you...

Creon would have me

leave the body of my brother

in a dishonorable state

though the gods say to cover.

He believes that his rules

are above God's own rules.

Do I risk being buried alive

to save you?

Of course, that is the only

way I know to behave

because less important my life

than another's to save.

But I want to make sure

you know that I love you,

I want to make sure

you understand I will miss you,

And I know, dear siblings,

that I have little choice

unless Creon, our ruler,

changes his voice.

In the end, my honor

will be retained

and the sacrifice is worth

our honorable names.

For eternity's sake,

I will carry a flame

for you in my heart

as I exit the stage.

But please make sure

that after I've gone,

the years will protect

my spirit and songs.

I wish not others to suffer,

I can go it alone.

There is nothing too much

for these hard luck bones.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX






All my love,

Antigone



No comments:

Post a Comment